Welcome to our forums! Please introduce yourself here

Hi Everyone!

Bonjour, Hola, 你好, Hallo, Ciao, Namaste, Привет, Vítejte, 안녕하세요, chào bạn, こんにち, Pozdrowienia, Hej, Živjo, 拝啓, Tervetuloa, Velkommen, Cześć, Oi, Saudações, ようこそ, Salve, مرحبا, Benvenuto, Pozdrav, Merhaba, Привет, Hei, Bemvindo, Hälsningar, Välkommen, Saluto, مرحبا, zdravo, Χαίρετε…

We’re really excited to launch this community. To get things started, here are a few questions for everyone to get acquainted with one another :smiley:

• Who are you?
  • Are you new to PCR technology?
  • What is your industry and profession?
  • How does Chai’s products apply to your specific project goals?

For any customer service or technical support questions, please email us at support@chaibio.com

Hi,

My name is Laurie and I have a veterinarian office. I’m relatively new to pcr and am interested in detecting canine parvovirus. Is your instrument able to do this?

thanks!

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for reaching out!

Open qPCR uses qPCR technology to identify the presence of your target nucleotide sequences. This differs from traditional PCR in the following ways:

• Real-time monitoring of data
  • Quantitative data analysis
  • High sensitivity and specificity
  • High resolution
  • Large dynamic range for detecting low and high target copy numbers
  • Automated detection
  • No post-PCR processing such as a gel required
  • Can use both intercalating dyes and fluorophore probes for detection

To answer your question – yes, the instrument is able detect for Parvovirus in a sample provided that you design primers specific to that target of interest. To detect a certain sequence, you will need the following:

1. Sample – Isolate DNA or cDNA
  2. Detection –
    a. Primers/probes specific to the marker you wish to amplify OR
    b. Primers specific to the marker you wish to amplify and fluorescent dye (such as SYBR Green)
  3. Reaction Components - PCR Master mix (polymerase, dNTPs, MgCl, etc.)

The instrument will essentially amplify the target marker into billions of copies that is subsequently read out as a fluorescent signal. You may use commercially available PCR assays for detecting your target or develop your own assay. Should you wish to design your own assay, there are primer designing tools that can assist you with the process. IDT’s PrimerQuest is a good place to start (https://www.idtdna.com/primerquest/Home/Index). You may also purchase your primers directly form IDT once your design is ready.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!
Lily

Hi,
My name is Jeff and I am new to PCR, you work at a creative and exciting project, hope get better and better.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the support! :slight_smile: Let us know if you have any questions about PCR/qPCR.

Cheers,
Lily

Hello Chai Community!

I’m Amy and I work for the Zoonotic Disease Program at Washington State Dept of Health. We are using the dual-channel Open QPCR to detect pathogens from environmental samples and insect vectors. I have nearly 10 years experience with PCR, but I have had an Open QPCR for only a few months. I also want to give kudos to the Chai support team; Lily has been very helpful!

Thanks for sharing - we’re pleased to welcome you and hear about your application!

-Josh

Hello Community!

I´m Tali Gutierrez, I work for a small company in Mexico (ACTG Molecular Solutions) developing detection systems for aquaculture pathogens. We are happy users of Open qPCR since 6 months ago, reliable, fast and cheapest way to make diagnosis.

Hi everyone!

My name is Obdulio. I’m the co-founder of Entopsis and a big fan of open PCR!

I’m here looking to see if we can help. One of our areas of interest is to help facilitate the use of PCR by smaller labs, biohakers, citizen scientists, etc. We allow people to use complex DNA samples (e.g., blood, cell lysates, plant extracts, etc.) directly into PCR without having to isolate DNA (www.PCRopsis.com).

Let me know if you have any questions on how to use our solutions with open PCR systems.

Thanks
Obdulio

Hello,
i saw open pcr while searching for equipment for my lab. I am a molecular geneticist from the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, Nigeria. That is a university in a developing nation.
Developing nations are endemic with poor and unstable electricity power supply, therefore simple methods like refrigeration, running pcr or simple electrophoresis separation are big challenges. you have to run on backup power supply. To overcome this challenge I have to set up my private laboratory outside of government inefficiency. I use solar power with 16 panels to generate electricity (very expensive startup). most my lab equipment are small foot print and low power consumption. that is why i took interest in open real-time pcr.
Tumi

do you have solutions for CTCs/ liquid biopsy for cancer detection?

Hello:

Do you mind letting me know whom I’m talking to?

We do have various solutions that can be used in the CTC / liquid biopsy space.

1. PCRopsis Blood:
  2. You can apply serum / plasma to this tube to remove PCR inhibitors in ~10 min and then directly use the supernatant into your PCR rxn… since you are not isolating circulating DNA, you don’t run the risk of missing / losing smaller DNA fragments
  3. Our PCRopsis 5x PCR Master Mix amplifies DNA fragments from PCRopsis Blood processed plasma better than alternative master mixes
  4. PCRopsis Blood Cell Separator:
  5. This tube will selectively precipitate RBCs without centrifugation from whole blood and displace non-RBCs, leaving an enrichment of non-RBCs in the top layer
  6. PCRopsis Concentrator:
  7. Simple apply your sample (e.g., plasma, enriched cells, lysate, media, CSF, etc.) to this tube and the dried substrate will selectively absorb water and thereby concentrate your DNA, proteins and/or cells
  8. This tube can be used in combination with PCRopsis Blood and PCRopsis Blood Cell Separator

For some reason my last email with links to each product didn’t go through. Data, protocols and details on each of the above PCRopsis products can be found at: www.pcropsis.com/studies.html

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best

Obdulio

Good afternoon Obdulio,

below is my information.

Adebambo, A.O. Ph.D, RAS
Associate Professor of Animal Breeding & genetics
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
P.M.B. 2240, Off Alabata rd
Abeokuta
+2348097766096
+2348038239503

Your products look quite inviting. I will like to test some in the tropics. I always go out for tropically stable reagents. If you are interested in running such test let me know.

secondly, this product PCRopsis Blood Cell Separator is good. Do you have one that goes further to separate white blood cells and most likely can separate CTCs. i ask because i m trying to separate CTCs and cfDNA etc in my lab.

thank you