How do I generate a melt curve for my qPCR runs?

Hello again. I have gone through the software and the manual to find a hint as to how I run melt curve analysis on the qPCR amplification runs, but to no avail. I am getting Cq values for my samples of 9.5 to 14, while my no-template controls have a Cq value around 30. I suspect primer-dimers are the cause, and while I understand this machine is capable of generating a melting curve, I can’t seem to figure out how to turn the feature on. Help much appreciated!

Hi @ktso,

We have recently updated our user manual to incorporate a more comprehensive overview of the instrument functions and settings. Please go to this link and scroll to the bottom of the page to download the user manual: https://www.chaibio.com/openqpcr

If you go to page 33 under the "Add Stage"section, you’ll see how to incorporate a melt curve into your protocol. Section 5.2 on page 40 illustrates how you’re able to view the melt curve graph. The result page displays the amplification curve. To view the melt curve, click the arrow next to Amplification Curve on the top left and you’ll see the melt curve chart as an option (if you had included the melt curve in your protocol setup).

See the attached images and let me know if you need any further clarification.

Cheers,
Lily