GoTaq® qPCR Master Mix for Dye-Based Detection

is the following reagent GoTaq® qPCR Master Mix for Dye-Based Detection compatible with the dual channel Open qPCR?
Here are some information I got from Promega web site https://ita.promega.com/resources/pubhub/introducing-gotaq-qpcr-master-mix-the-bright-choice-for-dye-based-qpcr/
GoTaq® qPCR Master Mix is compatible with several real-time PCR instrument platforms using preset filters for SYBR® Green I or FAM™ and ROX™ for the passive reference. Depending on instrument detection settings, however, some instruments require a higher concentration of reference dye in the reaction mix. A tube of 100X CXR Reference Dye is provided with the master mix. Below we list real-time PCR instruments tested and indicate which instruments require additional reference dye…

Thanks
CE

Hi Cesare,

Thanks for your question!

Chai hasn’t specifically tested the GoTaq® qPCR Master Mix on the Open qPCR dual channel instrument. It looks like the excitation and emission wavelengths are similar to SYBR Green I, which is supported by the Open qPCR. However, I did notice this statement: “The master mix comes premixed with a low level of CXR reference dye, which is identical to ROX™ reference dye.”

Chai’s master mixes do not contain such a reference dye as our instrument does not use ROX™ for normalizing signals. Currently, our R&D is in the process of evaluating whether the ROX™ reference dye will impact reaction performance on the instrument.

It seems from the product page that the vendor is also supplying an extra vial of CXR reference dye so I’m not sure whether this dye is also included in the master mix. From the previous statement, however, it seems like this could very well be the case.

I apologize that I don’t have further information on this just yet. Let’s see if there are other members in the community who have tried this master mix.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Lily

Has your R&D team determined if ROX is compatible with the CHAI Open qPCR machine?

Hi @ktso

Our R&D team has tested master mixes containing the ROX dye and concluded that ROX does not impact instrument performance. Open qPCR does not require ROX so there is no reason to add it, but it is fine to use a master mix with either low or high ROX concentration.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Cheers,
Lily